·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this with a pronto ??

Any tips and tricks ??

The only solution I can see is to

A) make a M3U for each album...

B) Use the listing tools (or listmaker) to provide me with a TXT list that I can load into XCEL...

C) Do the super Nude List part of the task on this...

D) Assign an IR code to each album...

E) Use Girder to launch an M3U on Rx of the IR...

My thinking on this says that parts A - C are simple and a once a month CCF update is no big task but... D) is a tedious task.. Especially in the initial stages...

So possible plans...

Girder runs on XML perhaps I can edit the XML or somone knows a way of exporting a GML (like ZP does for keys) for M3U launching ??

Investigate the 'payload' passing abilities of Girder to see if I cant payload the M3U info (doubtful as Girder still seems the easiest place to store and achieve this) ??

Look into the number cather plug in (cant think of its real name) that recieves a seies of numbers and then triggers an IR.. Perhaps I can give my Albums a number association and I can trigger playlist 0453.m3u that are auto generated and auto managed by Girder and MC ??

Anyone else have any thoughts...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one thought about this ???

Getting a smooth (automated integration) option would be very nice for many of us...

Just general ramblings from those that understand the GML structure and how it can be edited and created could help a lot..

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've done it.

I went the way of using MJ/MC's custom fields and gave each album an index number in the MJ/MC library.

I then used numbuilder and the mjextman /TREEPATH command to fire from a view scheme.

I think I saw one of your posts that led me to believe you've seen my thoughts on the subject.

The tedious part is the assigning of the index numbers...but that's it. It doesn't entail the creation of hundreds of .m3u files and their maintanence.

Let me know if you want more detailed information...

Brad

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but how do you pass the variable generated by the CCF and in turn Girder with the numbuilder plug in into the /treepath command ??

Thats the step I am lacking ??? Can you do this with Girder payloads ???

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's what the numbuilder plugin does. It takes a series of Girder commands and strings together a number, which is placed in a text (or numeric) register. You can then substitute that register in the TREEPATH command like this:

mjextman.exe /Play TREEPATH=Media Library\\Audio\\AlbumIndex\\[reg1]

mjextman.exe /Append TREEPATH=Media Library\\Audio\\AlbumIndex\\[reg1]

Best,

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.