AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super Stars of Dance not in HD? WHY?

I can't imagine a program that screams for HD more than a dancing competition? I didn't expect the program to last more than a few episodes. However, not making it in HD might get it canned by the end of the first act!

Just watched the first act and yes it should be canned immediately!

They even had Robert Morraine as the second act. They couldn't keep him in the frame because it was not in widescreen though. This show should be canceled IMMEDIATELY!

·
Registered
232 Posts
You might as well post your complaints to that idiot of a scumbag, Jeff Zucker - NBC's head chief. TV Predictions own Swanni has had more than his share of criticisms for Zucker in the past. HD is just not a top priority to him. That's why shows such as this one along with Deal or No Deal, The Biggest Loser, and Dateline lack any HD content.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Not only is it not in HD but during the 1st set of SIX commercials...they came back to the show AFTER the Russian/India duet which everyone missed. Then after 30ish seconds they broke for more commercials!! Then they repeated previous dances. THEN on top of all this they are not showing the dancers feet nor full body shots. Canceled? Nah! Fire the boneheads doing the show and hire someone that knows something about HD and how to show dancers.

Jeff

·
Registered
686 Posts
IBC= I dont care.

Also. I don't think this thread should have been moved. Like it or not, there are plenty of threads of shows that are not in HD and why in the HDTV programming forum.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hey who ever moved this... check your screen... it says NBCHD on the bottom. Soooo... why was this moved where not many people will see it?

Jeff

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
That show is garbage anyway.

The american duet got mugged by some of those judges. I wont be watching it tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1216 /forum/post/15459772

IBC= I dont care.

Also. I don't think this thread should have been moved. Like it or not, there are plenty of threads of shows that are not in HD and why in the HDTV programming forum.

The SD shows that stay in the HD Programming section are widescreen, which are made that way for HD presentation. That issue has been explained by mods in the past. Speaking of widescreen, why would any show not be done in 16:9 anymore? While they do have less resolution, the best quality shows in this format have proven to be preferable by most on these forums to 4:3. Fox has used it a fair amount, ABC had at least one show in that format, while AFAIK NBC and CBS have not. All the networks do use widescreen for some of their field news stories.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I made this post because I think it is about time we had a discussion topic "in the HD section" of "Why some shows are not in HD now". Until they hear enough of us complain they won't do anything about it.

I for one was all prepared to watch this show last night assuming it was in HD. I saw about 2 seconds of it and then changed the channel once I realized it was 4:3. SD is not acceptable anymore!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
My wife missed the show Sunday. I searched & did not find it on any online web sites so she could catch it. From what I see here it doesn't sound like she missed much. But told her I would try to find if it's rerun somewhere. Does anyone know if it is or will be available at an online website?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts