Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all --

Does anyone know of a review of the Superbit version "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" vs. the non-Superbit version? Is it a significantly better transfer from what is already an excellent transfer? I already own the non-Superbit version -- is it a worthwhile upgrade?

I've searched through DVDFile and Digital Bits, but haven't found an answer to my question.

Sage

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I have both. There is one AVS member from Scandavia (Bjorn?) can't recall his full name but he has an excellent website comparing Superbit titles to non superbit titles. Do a search under superbit and edge enhancement and I'm sure you will find one of his postings and a link to his website. But to answer your question, the superbit does have a bit more detail. The question is will you see it in your setup? Some things like the mist in some scenes is noticeably more detailed on a "big" screen. Also the sound is a tad crisper a bit more pop and fizz especially in the fight scenes with swords.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
The actual transfers are the same, only the compression is different. EC's assessment is pretty much right on. If you have a projector it's worth it, otherwise, probably not. Keep the original in any case, for the commentary!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.