AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I find you can get most searches like this to work on amazon.com - just put in superbit as the search item.

Same thing with Imax, etc.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Speaking of IMAX, it seeems that most of them are in 4:3 aspect ratio. Since I've got a PJ now, I'd be interested in what IMAX DVDs folks could recommend as enjoyable or impressive that are in widescreen formats. Thanks!

- Tim

·
Registered
183 Posts
For IMAX like documentarys check out Baraka on DVD (the anamorphic one, not the old one). I have about 160 DVD's and this is still the best looking live action one I've got. It was shot in 70mm.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
While we're on the subject - anyone heard if there are going to be any PAL superbit releases? Release dates, titles etc - anything?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
IMAX is a 1.44:1 ratio format, so any "widescreen" versions of IMAX films on DVD (Super Speedway Mach II Special Edition) have been cropped in order to fit a widescreen (1.78:1) television.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Why are Superbit titles so bad? I mean they're limited in appeal. Ok CTHD but Johnny Moronic?

T.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Flash 5 required, it's a no go showboat for WebTV. "When it comes to speed I'm just out of luck, I am even shutdown by the ice cream truck, she's just a no go showboat"...No Go Showboat~The Beach Boys

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VideoGrabber
I thought about buying the Space box set, but that seemed like a bit much at one go. Could you rank order the 5 space titles you have? I'd like to pick up one or two of the best.

Oh god, afraid I don't remember them discretely like that. They're all sort of the same really. Same content sort of. Which you'll like better is probably a matter of personal preference more then anything else. They were so cheap (roughly $15CAD) so I picked them all up.

Kal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.