AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll satrt here!

I've recently been toying with the idea of getting some Superbit movies (ie Fifth Element, Spiderman 2...), and I was wondering if it's worth buying them or just stick with the regular DVD releases?!

Some movies I have already, like Spiderman 2, but would I notice a difference in quality to justify re-buying it in Superbit.

Any observations and comments welcome!!

Thanks

-Sean

·
Registered
825 Posts
This might help you out a bit:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=567924

Its in the DVD movie, reviews, music thread and has explaination of bitrates for the superbits (754) and some members' subjective ideas as to which is worth it or not. Worth a read. There are other threads that will explain superbit in more detail though.

Sale ends Sept 3rd so if you have a few days left to make up your mind to get them.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion-man
This might help you out a bit:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=567924

Its in the DVD movie, reviews, music thread and has explaination of bitrates for the superbits (754) and some members' subjective ideas as to which is worth it or not. Worth a read. There are other threads that will explain superbit in more detail though.

Sale ends Sept 3rd so if you have a few days left to make up your mind to get them.

What sale? Did I miss something?

Clay

edit: sorry, premature articulation!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I picked up like 10 super bits over the weekend at BB for the nice sale price as discussed in the other thread. I thought it was worth it to buy them only because of the discount. I havent bought more of them before now because of the msrp. Of course it helped that I didnt have a few of these so it was easy to get the wife to open the purse strings :) I mean getting a DVD at this price is pretty good and then when you throw in that its a higher PQ for the most part it seems pretty stupid not too IMO

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,677 Posts
Definitely worth it if you have a large TV or projection system. I picked up several at the Best Buy sale and they really are much better than the regular editions of the same movies.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
My sentiments echo dford42's.. I only had 2 of the 13 movies I ended up buying online yesterday... going to pick them up in an hour or so! Great price for a DVD in general, so I'm looking forward to checking out the PQ as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.