AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I auditioned a Supercube II and thought it was a great sounding sub. I know it cant go as low or as loud as others due to its size but what impressed me was the tightness it had. Probably a better sub for music than HT. My question is these other subs that Craigsub test are they comparable in the clean tight sound that the Supercube produced. I'm interested in the PB13U, MFW-15, and Castle or in that price range. Does anyone have first hand experience of the Supercube and any of the others?

·
Registered
651 Posts
The top of the line Definitive Trinity only scored 54/48 HT/M. The PB13 scored 57/52. The MFW15 scored 53/50. Those subs you've mentioned will blow the supercube II away. It won't be even close.

·
Registered
16,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengbin /forum/post/13010710

The top of the line Definitive Trinity only scored 54/48 HT/M. The PB13 scored 57/52. The MFW15 scored 53/50. What do you think??

"Scored" where? Craigsub's rankings?

That his rankings should be the ONLY criteria used when purchasing a subwoofer is absurd. And I think craigsub would probably agree with me.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Various subs by SVS, Epik, eD, to name a few, would be a better choice than the Supercube II.

Tim

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoboss /forum/post/13010048

...but what impressed me was the tightness it had. Probably a better sub for music than HT. Does anyone have first hand experience of the Supercube and any of the others?

I used to own a Super Cube II. It was the least tight sub I ever owned! Before selling it to a friend, it got relegated to spot behind on of my chairs being used a quasi buttkicker. It is a relatively small sub which was my initial appeal to it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC /forum/post/13010930

I used to own a Super Cube II. It was the least tight sub I ever owned! Before selling it to a friend, it got relegated to spot behind on of my chairs being used a quasi buttkicker. It is a relatively small sub which was my initial appeal to it.

Wow I look forward to hearing the other subs if that is considered a loose sub.
As stated before I know the other subs will beat it in output and depth but my concern was in tightness and cleanness. Thanks EC for your reply!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
The Supercube subs are okay for their size, but I would not say they are very tight or clean at all. The harmonic distortion below 30Hz is a lot higher than what you would get with a large SVS sub

·
Registered
538 Posts
I am looking for a smaller (Physical size) sub to replace my current Infinity PS-12. I bought a much larger plasma TV console/stand and now there is little room for the sub.

I was looking at the supercube II and also the definitive tech Prosub 1000 (both of these are about 12" wide). After reading some of what has been said about the supercube, im not so sure.

How would either of these compare to the Infinity PS-12 as far a output of HT and clarity for music.

Any other suggestions for small size subs?

·
Registered
951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattldm /forum/post/13321346

I am looking for a smaller (Physical size) sub to replace my current Infinity PS-12. I bought a much larger plasma TV console/stand and now there is little room for the sub.

I was looking at the supercube II and also the definitive tech Prosub 1000 (both of these are about 12" wide). After reading some of what has been said about the supercube, im not so sure.

How would either of these compare to the Infinity PS-12 as far a output of HT and clarity for music.

Any other suggestions for small size subs?

Matt,

You might consider an SVS SB12+, although it is a little bigger it seems to be a capable sub in the small/ sealed sub class.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Strasse /forum/post/13321434

Matt,

You might consider an SVS SB12+, although it is a little bigger it seems to be a capable sub in the small/ sealed sub class.

Another recommendation for the SB12+. Compared to the supercube III I auditioned, the SB12+ redefined "tight" bass...

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdeisa /forum/post/13322623

Another recommendation for the SB12+. Compared to the supercube III I auditioned, the SB12+ redefined "tight" bass...

thanks, I will look into that. Its a little bigger than I was looking, I was hoping to keep it at 12" wide or less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts