AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1954 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the producers of Flash and Arrow is coming another DC show, Supergirl, and it's gonna be on CBS.

Melissa Benoist has been cast as the title character. Mehcad Brooks is Jimmy Olsen. Calista Flockhart will be Cat Grant, and Laura Benanti will Kara’s Kryptonian mother.

And what show would be complete without nostalgic cast members from previous iterations of the Superman-verse. Helen Carter (the Supergirl of the 80's movie) and Dean Cain (from Lois and Clark) will be making appearances.

At this time, it does not appear that Flash and Arrow will be crossing over with Supergirl, even though it is the same producers. Initial word put the possibility in doubt, but some recent obscure quotes from producer Greg Berlanti have fans hopeful. It's early on; maybe it'll work!

The first image of Benoist as 24 year old Kara Zor-El hit the internets this evening.

I don't know... something seems a little off to me about it. Maybe it is her hair or the tone of the suit or the long boots. I'm not sure. Her whole projection in this shot is just... plain looking.

Anyway, the pilot is is production so we'll see! The tone is to be more like Flash than Arrow. Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
At this point I am asking why does any Supergirl costume need a skirt? Just so we don't confuse her with a man?

Reactions: fitbrit

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I don't know... something seems a little off to me about it. Maybe it is her hair or the tone of the suit or the long boots. I'm not sure. Her whole projection in this shot is just... plain looking.

Anyway, the pilot is is production so we'll see! The tone is to be more like Flash than Arrow. Thoughts?
I think she is miscast. Kryptonians should be nearly perfect physical specimens. It calls for an actress with truly supermodel looks. Smalleville hit it exactly right when they cast Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl. This dull, baby-fat-faced Benoist just doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I think she is miscast. Kryptonians should be nearly perfect physical specimens. It calls for an actress with truly supermodel looks. Smalleville hit it exactly right when they cast Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl. This dull, baby-fat-faced Benoist just doesn't cut it.
Interesting. On other sites, people are complaining that she looks like she's thirty. I was hoping they cast an actress that can act as well as look good.

And as for Kryptonians being perfect physical specimens, I guess every planet has to have Butterfaces. Just kidding. There's no way anyone would accuse Melissa Benoist of being one

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I was reading about this SuperGirl series yesterday and some saying in some articles her supposedly leaked naughty pictures will haunt her now with this publicity. I personally know nothing about her.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
From the producers of Flash and Arrow is coming another DC show, Supergirl, and it's gonna be on CBS.

Melissa Benoist has been cast as the title character. Mehcad Brooks is Jimmy Olsen. Calista Flockhart will be Cat Grant, and Laura Benanti will Kara’s Kryptonian mother.

And what show would be complete without nostalgic cast members from previous iterations of the Superman-verse. Helen Carter (the Supergirl of the 80's movie) and Dean Cain (from Lois and Clark) will be making appearances.

At this time, it does not appear that Flash and Arrow will be crossing over with Supergirl, even though it is the same producers. Initial word put the possibility in doubt, but some recent obscure quotes from producer Greg Berlanti have fans hopeful. It's early on; maybe it'll work!

The first image of Benoist as 24 year old Kara Zor-El hit the internets this evening.

Everything is wrong. The look,the girl,everything.. This would have been spot on..
https://www.google.com/search?q=lau...a-vandervoort-advice-new-supergirl%2F;686;475

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
To avoid camel toe.
The only way she can avoid that is not to wear underwear! Even with a teeny skirt someone will get a photo of her underwear as she's flying about, landing, sitting on a bench trying to get those massive boots on ... ;)

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
That pic has sex written all over it. The current pic will keep the PTC (Parents Television Council) quiet.
Your right,I didn't mean the suit had to be exactly that,but they could change it so it isn't low cut like that. But the girl IMO is completely miscast. She isn't even attractive. I'm not a fan of the suit either.. Who comes up with this stuff? The boots are terrible. The chick looks french and nyons? Really? I could do better than that..

1 - 20 of 1954 Posts