AVS Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1788 Posts

·
UHD Addict
37,088 Posts
shouldn't the title of the thread be changed to " Supergirl on CW" ?

·
UHD Addict
37,088 Posts
extremely lousy casting, he looks like a villainous ****** in most pics on Google Images.:rolleyes:
You know people can be made up to look completely different than they normally look.

·
Registered
536 Posts
What goes around comes around and I won't be around to watch this B.S. We know who they needed to make a deal with to play this part and the actor they needed to make it work playing Kent/Superman. CW is not Netflix, oh, that's where I'll be. :D

·
UHD Addict
37,088 Posts
What goes around comes around and I won't be around to watch this B.S. We know who they needed to make a deal with to play this part and the actor they needed to make it work playing Kent/Superman. CW is not Netflix, oh, that's where I'll be. :D
Who was that? I thought I read they need a younger Superman for flashbacks when Supergirl first arrived on earth. So I'm not sure who you are talking about.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Ahh... remember when everyone went nuts on the casting of Benoist... how refreshing it is to see everyone going nuts on the casting of Superman as well. :)

The actor's age is close to Benoist, though... which makes me wonder... he could still be a young Superman in flashbacks to when she arrived if you think about it. In most comics, Superman is around 30 when he first becomes Superman... so if you figure that, then Superman should now be in his 40s with the grown-up Supergirl... so casting a younger actor kind of tells me he is going to be Flashback Superman and not palling-around-with-modern-day-Kara Superman after all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This show burned through a lot of plot lines; season two may suffer a sophomore slump like many do. Kira/Kara getting a promotion was expected, but Cat Grant needs a new theme. She comes back to believe Kara is Supergirl, but this time keeps it to herself so she can drop suggestions to Kara that Supergirl acts and confirms Cat's suspicion. Cat keeps her media group ahead of the competition by her insightful scoops on Supergirl.

·
Registered
14,547 Posts
From certain angles Tyler Hoechlin looks okay. From others he looks like a young Bruce Campbell or a vampire. :D

In all photos I've seen the one thing I keep thinking is "Aren't you a little short to be a Superman?" He's apparently 6 foot, but even then that's not particular tall. I'm not sure if the chunky boots (with heel lifts!) and the belt help sell the outfit or improve his perceptible height, even if he does have some muscles to fill out the suit. Maybe he'll be better in motion, or when he's being filmed standing on a box. ;)

·
Registered
14,547 Posts
Well he definitely has muscles. More than Grant Gustin at least. But with his low body fat I would put him more on the "athletic" side of muscular rather than the bodybuilder side.

·
UHD Addict
37,088 Posts
From certain angles Tyler Hoechlin looks okay. From others he looks like a young Bruce Campbell or a vampire. :D

In all photos I've seen the one thing I keep thinking is "Aren't you a little short to be a Superman?" He's apparently 6 foot, but even then that's not particular tall. I'm not sure if the chunky boots (with heel lifts!) and the belt help sell the outfit or improve his perceptible height, even if he does have some muscles to fill out the suit. Maybe he'll be better in motion, or when he's being filmed standing on a box. ;)

How can you tel how tall/short he is from the picture? There is nothing to give him any scale. he could be 6'4" or 5'8" for all I know from looking at the picture. i would have no idea.

·
Registered
14,547 Posts
How can you tel how tall/short he is from the picture? There is nothing to give him any scale. he could be 6'4" or 5'8" for all I know from looking at the picture. i would have no idea.
The key phrase here is "in all photos I've seen" that one is just one of the more complete views of the suit.

You can Google the rest.

1161 - 1180 of 1788 Posts