AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
‘Superman & Lois’ Series Premiere Draws 3.25 Million Total Viewers In L+7; CW To Stream Extended Episodes
By Denise Petski

Superman & Lois is flying high following its debut. The premiere episode of The CW series drew 3.25 million total viewers in L+7, up 80% (+1.5 million) from Live+Same day, according to Nielsen, making it the most-streamed series premiere in the network’s history.

Superman & Lois
also ranks first among The CW’s premieres this season in A18-49. The series premiere had the largest percentage growth in the key demo among the network’s new series debuts, up 105% over L+SD to a 0.76 rating in L+7.

Additionally, beginning with episode two, each episode of Superman & Lois’ first season will feature additional footage or scenes when it becomes available on The CW app and CWTV.com after its broadcast on the network, the CW said Friday.

The network noted that the additional footage included in each of the extended streaming episodes will vary.

After the finale, the entire first season of Superman & Lois extended cut episodes will be available to binge on The CW app and CWTV.com, for free with no subscription or login required, until 30 days prior to the start of the next season.

The series, which was recently renewed for a second season, stars Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman, Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane, Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent, Alexander Garfin as Jordan Kent, Erik Valdez as Kyle Cushing, Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing, Wolé Parks as The Stranger, Adam Rayner as Morgan Edge with Dylan Walsh as General Samuel Lane and Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang Cushing.

Based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Superman & Lois is developed by Greg Berlanti & Todd Helbing, who serve as executive producers of the series with Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns and David Madden. Todd Helbing wrote the teleplay for the first episode, based on a story by Greg Berlanti & Todd Helbing. Lee Toland Krieger executive produced and directed the first episode. Superman & Lois is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Is it just me or is Tyler Hoechlin the spitting image of ex Jets QB Mark (butt fumble) Sanchez ?

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I can't believe how dark (screen) this show is. Even in the middle of the day, outside, it looks very dark.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Network president thinking to himself:
Lets make a Superman show cause thats an original idea.
Lets not focus on Superman but give him 2 brat kids and focus on them.
Winer, winner, chicken dinner.

Basically major network programming in a nutshell now.

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
Network president thinking to himself:
Lets make a Superman show cause thats an original idea.
Lets not focus on Superman but give him 2 brat kids and focus on them.
Winer, winner, chicken dinner.

Basically major network programming in a nutshell now.
Did you watch it, though? It's pretty good.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
My sister does not watch super hero shows or movies except she really got into Gotham and Batwoman. Never watched anything else from Marvel or DC. I convinced her to give this a try and she is hooked and loves it. She texts me while she watches it and she is always like OMG this or that, what did this mean, etc. she is really into it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I can't believe how dark (screen) this show is. Even in the middle of the day, outside, it looks very dark.
Seems like DC moved Smallville, Kansas to British Columbia some time ago. That would explain why the wheat crop keeps failing and families keep losing their farms.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Peewee Superman Alex Garfin (Jordan) is starting to flower as he shows off his mad skills in football with hip-hop in the background to the group Run The Jewels ! This was an entertaining scene .

I was glad to see the character Jordan nut-up and stop sulking and winning for a bit . I'm sure the teen angst will ramp up once agin soon but this was a fun episode. Superman and Lois is way better than it has any right to be. I am enjoying the show.

Reactions: shivaji

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Surprisingly I am enjoying the show. It has its faults but still entertaining. I really wish these Kryptonians would learn how to fight. Block, parry, dodge, etc. Superman and Supergirl just stand around and punch because they are strong and invulnerable. That takes no skill. Also, mysterious killer with the strength of Superman almost kills Lois and they just go home like nothing happened. Why didn’t they go find him? And what about Bluthor (Black Luthor)?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I like the show, but they've gotta fix his costume. Those foam abs look ridiculous.
The costume is ridiculous! If they sculpt abs in to the costume and then shade them to give them depth, that’s one thing, but this looks like they just painted them on to his stomach.

Also, Supes looks like a Gym Bro that just works on the upper body and always skips Leg Day.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It was more of a general comment on, who are these guys that can pummel Superman? When the cold wind blew, I was anticipating him being punched into ice cubes, always liked that effect. As usual though, he's gets up and runs away, though as you said, not for long.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts