AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Who's this guy that can stop a Superman punch? I don't quite get it.
Maybe it’s that lady’s missing son who was given “Super Soldier” serum. Edge is building an army of them.
I don't care about the guy, since he is now dead. Who is that super woman????
Someone posted an article earlier that she is probably another Kryptonian based on her name and who that character is in the comics.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I love how amped up some of Superman's power are in this (like hearing his kids at school) but a couple questions.

• could he really hear all the way to China? What, are the sounds bouncing off the atmosphere or something otherwise how is hearing around the curvature of the earth?
  • when he hears this, why is he only hearing that bridge breaking and not the other thousands of things going wrong in the world? Why is his hearing suddenly just tuned into certain situations these last few episode and not all the other things that need his attention?

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
I love how amped up some of Superman's power are in this (like hearing his kids at school) but a couple questions.

• could he really hear all the way to China? What, are the sounds bouncing off the atmosphere or something otherwise how is hearing around the curvature of the earth?
  • when he hears this, why is he only hearing that bridge breaking and not the other thousands of things going wrong in the world? Why is his hearing suddenly just tuned into certain situations these last few episode and not all the other things that need his attention?
I think he has learned over time the ability to only tune in on things that sound particularly grave and need his attention. Fair point about the curvature of the Earth, though.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
He spoke about it to his sons that trained at “Elsa’s Frozen Castle” to focus in on sounds of emergency.
But to do that he has to be hearing everything happening in the world at one time and that would be millions and millions of sounds, to process through all those constantly would take all his time and concentration.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) recommends that Superman should be offered antipsychotic medication and talking therapy tohelp with his hearing of voices. :)

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
But to do that he has to be hearing everything happening in the world at one time and that would be millions and millions of sounds, to process through all those constantly would take all his time and concentration.
He's Superman. He can tune in on certain frequencies like a radio.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
The caveat here is that this is a superhero show but an example might be parent penguins coming back to the rookery of thousands of other penguins and babies and being be pick out the calls of their babies.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
The caveat here is that this is a superhero show but an example might be parent penguins coming back to the rookery of thousands of other penguins and babies and being be pick out the calls of their babies.
And the sound coming from the other side the planet (or there about)?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Personally, I'd like The Man of Steel's beatdowns to be a little darker and a bit more damaging.
Kung Fu Hustle comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Someone posted an article earlier that she is probably another Kryptonian based on her name and who that character is in the comics.
I don't follow the comics, hence the query.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
It’s good to see Clark Kent portraying his mild mannered reporter side out in public. I guess most of the times we’ve seen him, he’s been around people who knows his identity so there’s no need to pretend. Seeing him be goofy with his son at school was cute.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Best part was when Lois pulled out her device and he said, "That will not help you." She said, "No, but he will" pushes the button and a split second later you hear that build up and wham he is the busting through and in his face. Happened so fast and was so freaking cool we rewound it a couple times.

This version of Superman seems MUCH faster than other versions we have seen except for maybe the new Superman movies recently.

·
Super Moderator
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
10,385 Posts
Best part was when Lois pulled out her device and he said, "That will not help you." She said, "No, but he will" pushes the button and a split second later you hear that build up and wham he is the busting through and in his face. Happened so fast and was so freaking cool we rewound it a couple times.

This version of Superman seems MUCH faster than other versions we have seen except for maybe the new Superman movies recently.
I also really liked how he (finally) used his super speed in that fight. It's a skill he never really uses but it would be a game changer for most fights against someone with super strength but normal speed

Reactions: WilliamR

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I also really liked how he (finally) used his super speed in that fight. It's a skill he never really uses but it would be a game changer for most fights against someone with super strength but normal speed
He needs to go teach Barry Allen that trick. And I still think he and Supergirl need to take some sort of close combat classes. They just stand around and punch and get hit. Duck for God’s Sake!

·
Super Moderator
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
10,385 Posts
He needs to go teach Barry Allen that trick. And I still think he and Supergirl need to take some sort of close combat classes. They just stand around and punch and get hit. Duck for God’s Sake!
With his super speed, he really should be impossible to hit in the first place.

Supergirl does combat training. They have a room there with light amounts of kryptonite so that she can train with normal experts (like her sister). I think they stand there because they expect that they're invulnerable. If they actually get hit hard, then they should turn on the super speed. Yea, same with Barry Allen. It's silly that he is ever hit by anything.

Reactions: aaronwt
121 - 140 of 146 Posts