AVS Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
I like that, aside from the incident with the super-soldier in the motel room, Lois can handle herself and doesn't need to rely on Superman being at her side all the time. She has him for backup if she needs him, but she's very much her own person, not just a damsel in distress to be rescued every week.

She had a line an episode or two back where she said, "You go do your Superman thing, and I'll do my Lois Lane thing." That summed up their relationship nicely. She may not have super powers, but she has her own skill-set and knows how to use it.

That said, I'm still not buying the storyline that she had to go work for the small town newspaper after quitting the Daily Planet. That would not be a logical career move for her. There are tons of outlets in the online space that amplify her voice much stronger. If she wants to write a hard-hitting expose of corporate greed and corruption, the Smallville Gazette is not the place to publish it. Outside of Smallville, who will ever see it? Best case scenario, she gets Edge to abandon Smallville and go pilfer some other town. If she really wants to hurt him, she needs national exposure.

·
Registered
20,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Man, a Steal! Rare Superman Comic Sells for Record $3.25M

The private sale of an issue of Action Comics #1 bested the previous record of $3.2 million set in 2014.

One of the few copies of the comic book that introduced Superman to the world has sold for a super-sized, record-setting price.

The issue of Action Comics #1 went for $3.25 million in a private sale, ComicConnect.com, an online auction and consignment company, announced Tuesday.

It narrowly bested the previous record for the comic, set in the auction of another copy in 2014 for slightly over $3.2 million.

The comic, published in 1938, “really is the beginning of the superhero genre," said ComicConnect.com COO Vincent Zurzolo, who brokered the sale.

It told readers about the origins of Superman, how he came to Earth from another planet and went by Clark Kent.

The seller of this particular issue bought the comic in 2018 for slightly more than $2 million.

Zurzolo said that while there were hundreds of thousands of copies initially published, it's estimated only about 100 exist today, and in varying conditions. He said this copy is among the best-kept ones.

“There’s no comic book that you could value higher in terms of a comic book than Action Comics #1," he said.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts