AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Supermicro 836TQ Case... I recently moved up from an Intel Server case... well the Supermicro case is ridiculousy louder than the Intel... does anyone know of a utility to control Fan RPM

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am.. the only option is to choose wether I want a 3Pin or 4Pin Server or Workstation. I enabled all the throtle (global and thermal) options. I have it set to 3pin workstation right now.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo6 /forum/post/15593113

Yeah I am.. the only option is to choose wether I want a 3Pin or 4Pin Server or Workstation. I enabled all the throtle (global and thermal) options. I have it set to 3pin workstation right now.

With the 3 pin setting the fan will always run at %100

Change it to Server 4 pin.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the supermicro supplied Hotswap fans are 3 pin, does that matter?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo6 /forum/post/15594628

All the supermicro supplied Hotswap fans are 3 pin, does that matter?

Same as mine.

But you're cpu is 4 pin and that's what matters and what you want controlled/modulated. Right now at 3pin it's running 100%, and the source of your noise. Those 771 fans are loud at full throttle.

The 3 pin hotswap fans will run at full speed, but that's a good thing for drive bays.

Try setting the bios to Server - 4pin and then check your temps with something like Everest for a day or two to be sure everything is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts