AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does sony still sell parts for the vhp 1272 q? can we still have it serviced easily?

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Sony does sell parts for the 1272.

I can look up thier number and get back to you, I don't have it here.

Other places also sell parts for the 1272.

I wouldn't take my 1271 to Sony for service though. If I needed service that I didn't think I could perform myself I think I would check with people here on the forum.

why not start by telling more about the problem?

-Brian

·
Registered
849 Posts
Check with local A/V shops in your area. Most service crt's. Talk to the sevice dept and ask if any techs do repairs "on the side" You can save some money.

Several members here also deal in used Sony's. I'm sure they could help you with whatever you need.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Most A/V shops service CRT projector? Oh, I heartily disagree!!!..:)

Most A/V shops have never seen a CRT projector let alone converged one, never mind the servicing...

take it to Sony, or let us help you!

Curt

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Curt Palme
Most A/V shops service CRT projector? Oh, I heartily disagree!!!..:)

Most A/V shops have never seen a CRT projector let alone converged one, never mind the servicing...

take it to Sony, or let us help you!

Curt
If it is like OZ you have to shop around to find a AV shop that does CRT you would have better luck looking for hens teeth

sony direct is the place to go here i assume they use the same online site for the USA they will put you onto a dealer locally but I would shop around first through people on this forum

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wouldnt ask the tech to do it on the side unless you met him on the side. Personally, when people come to one of the shops I work at and ask me to do something on the side I usually end up being offended and subsequently give them a good lashing.

"Dont you understand that working at this shop is my livelyhood? If I did it on the side for you, I would have to do it on the side for everyone. If I did all the jobs on the side, that could put the shop out of business, me out of a job, and then where would you find the guy to fix it??!!" To which they are usually like "never thought of it like that." Keep in mind some shop owners would fire a tech for taking business found through the shop for side-work. Fortunately I dont work for "oneofthose." :)

The only way I would ever consider asking (or taking) work to be done on the side is if the shop states they do not service that type of equipment you have...

--Kieth

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Well put Kieth!

A local guy (customer) tried hiring the official local Barco tech on the side. The tech went to his boss and the guy got the severe boot out of the Barco distributor's shop.

Funny, the guy does not deal in CRT's any more...

Curt

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ed, I have this phone number written down for Sony parts: 1-800-538-7550 If you know the part number there is a phone menu option where you can enter the part number and it will provide you wih the availability information or you can check with several other dealers (Hi-Rez and Projectorspecs)who may have those same parts in stock at a lower cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.