AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im building a cabinet for my next tv (x940C) it will be in a corner and im planning on making the screen flush with the front of said cabinet with a boarder around it. how much of a gap around the screen should i leave for ventilation an inch? 2?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the manual, it usually have this kind of information, which we normally ignore.

LED = efficient = smaller slit(s). Plasma = power hungry = needs a little more vent.
closest being the 940 isnt out yet was for the 950 and 79 900 and they both recommend 4 inchs all sides except the top which is a 11 7/8s alot more than i was thinking

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
My UN65F8000 is mounted similar to what you want to do. In my case I already had the (expensive) furniture from my prior TV, a 65" Mitsubishi RPTV. CRT rear projections were very deep, but I wanted to use the same furniture but mount the F8000 near the front. I have only about an inch on each side, an inch and a half on top, and about two inches or so below the TV. The main reason for the 2 inches above is to clear the pop-up camera on the TV. I have no heat issues at all, however I do have a LOT of open space behind the TV (see pictures). The black piece below the screen it a cloth covered quick 'n dirty filler. Eventually I intend to make a nicer piece with some shelves, and move my 50 pound center channel down from the top of the world.

Property Vehicle Furniture Room Display case

Furniture Cabinetry Property Room Entertainment center

Room Property Basement Building Floor

Note: The mount picture shows the stand attached to the TV. The stand is not normally attached.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts