AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am now looking to get my power stuff done.. i will be hooking up PJ, A/V receiver, DVD, SAT and VCR.. was looking at the Monster stuff, like a HTS2600/3600 or maybe even a strip. any input appreciated...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm really not a fan of Monster stuff (good quality but I think it is over priced for what you get). I power a Sony 50we610, Sony ES3000 Receiver, Motorola 6208 Cable Box, Pioneer DVD Player, & a HTPC with a Brickwall Surge protector & two Belkin UPS's. I run it like this:

Power -> Brickwall -> #1 Belkin UPS - > TV

Same Power -> Same Brickwall -> #2 Belkin UPS - > Everthing Else

I'm probably going to get another UPS and split-up some of the components. The Brickwall is for surge and the UPS's are for voltage regulation and backup power (not really necessary, but I nice to let the lamp in TV cool down!!).

·
Registered
783 Posts
I picked up a Power Conditioner/Surge Protector from Acoustic Research at Best Buy. It was about $30. The model number is AP-07S. It has 7 outlets, coax in-out, and telephone in-out. They have all sorts of different configurations for more or less money, but still cheaper than Monster anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.