AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I not sure were this topic should be on this forum so if this in wrong place let me know

Anyway with surge protectors how do you know it working right????

Example I noticed when ever power flickers in the house my PC reboots (550joules) protector while another pc in the house with diffrent surge protector (not sure joules on this one) doesn't reboot.... does this mean said surge protector pc is working right or wrong..... cause I under impression that surge protectors should stop that from happening....

Also I just got New Ln-s3252d samsung I want to get get surge protector is this belkin surge protector good (F9G933-10)

I plan to plug HDTV,Pro logic reciever, STB, PS2 and router and dsl modem to it

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Your computers should have, without question, a UPS battery back-up. They are affected by power dips, surges and loss more than anything. APC makes the best battery back-ups out there. Your TV's need at least a surge protector (remember to protect your coax cable line too!). If you have a micodisplay then you need a special pure since way battery back-up. If the power gets taken away from those TV too fast, the bulbs can explode. Belkin surge protectors are junk. Belkin can make a lot of things, but not those. APC makes the best stuff in the industry. They test every single product that leaves their factory and attach the test strip to the manual so you can see it. If it doesn't pass they chuck it in the bin. What other company does that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.