AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Panasonic 42HD6UY. I am getting everything ready for installation - stand, wires, etc.

What should I use for a surge protector? I have also heard about clean power sources? What do most people do? I want to be economical and provide protection for my set.

Also on the wiring front - I will hook up my VCR into the S-Video input.

I will hook up my DVD player into the BNC composites on the set (using the adapters that Visual Apex supplies). How can I hook up my cable box? It is the Motorola DCT. I am thinking of using the RGB Composite out on the cable box and feeding it into the RGB input on the TV. Can this be done? I thought that I had read that there is a conversion cable avaliable that will let me do this. Can anyone recomend where to buy one or what I will need?

Last question - when reading through the owners manual it mentions all the standard language about burn in etc.....but in realty what is safe? If I watch 4 hours of programing in 4:3 mode with black bars on the side each night am I going to have a problem? Do people run the screen savers on a regular basis to "refresh" the screen?

Thanks for the help I am just dying to get this puppy!! (Will be a nice upgrade from my 27 inch Zenith set that is 8 years old)

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.