AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the preliminary design phase for the new theater space and have run into a dilemma
I have three teleposts that will be hidden within columns, one (possibly 2) will have surround speakers with in them.

The intent: To have the speakers total hidden behind AT material and minimize the column size.
Challenge: I do not know what speakers I will be settling on, need it to be versatile
Preliminary size: I drew up a 24"x24" column in sketchup and as soon as my wife saw it she said "Um NO, that's to big". I have looked a lot of different columns on peoples threads but dimensions are never really discussed

The questions: How big are people building there columns and what kind of space with in the column should I allocate to the speaker?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.