AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching "Gone in 60 Seconds" last night (the original version), when I was surprised to see a _very large_ image of none other than my Dad! I had no idea he was pictured in the film. The segment included USAC midget racing from Ascot Park (Gardena, CA--now torn down). He was still driving at that time (early in his career, in fact) and was shown for several seconds smiling and chatting with the late J.C. Agajanian, promoter of Ascot Park. The film also stars Parnelli Jones (a "real" speaking role) and has some really cool scenes of early 70's racing hardware, including the famous Viceroy Indy cars and a four-cam Ford engine rolling by on a stand. This was a real treat to me, and put a smile on my face for a while, which I really need considering some of the frustrations I've had getting my HT properly tweaked-out.

Todd/Indy

·
Registered
652 Posts
That's a great story, Todd! :) And here i thought the thread was gonna be about the picture quality on your screen :p

I'm gonna take a much closer look at GI60S today, hopefully I'll be able to spot your dad :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.