AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was amazed with an "Analog Picture", playing on the new Pioneer KRP-500A.

I connected my Pioneer HLD-X9 and i inserted "American Ninja", Japan Release (a disc with 20 or more years old), and i was impressed with the quality.

I used the "Composite" for the X9.

And playing newer discs (Laserdiscs from 1998, 1999...) the picture quality is spectacular.

This TV really has the best picture in the market, and as for Laserdisc is a "Reference".

I'll do the experience with the LD-S2 very soon...

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

You cannot see it on USA web site because this model is not available in USA.

Only in Europe and Japan.

Actually what you have in USA is the equivalent to our PDP-5090, and the KRP-500A is actually better.

The KRP-500A has slightly better picture and deeper blacks, has separate media box, is thinner, and inside already has 10th Generation Technology, and the PDP-5090 is a pure 9th Generation.

What you have in USA is only the 500M, but that's not properly for domestic use. Some people have it for domestic use, but is not appropriate.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In fact it is....

Pioneer KRP-500A performance on SD mode is the most spectacular i ever seen.

It is in pair with the old CRT's, if not better... as in CRT's you couldn't have a screen as wide and big as this one with that can combine the best performance available in SD/HD modes.

Every day that goes by it impresses me more... and in fact there is something i didn't test but i will soon...

I'm using the HLD X9 with the Pioneer, and using it's Composite Output, that means i am using the Plasma Comb Filter that is pretty much advanced, otherwise the picture would be crappy...

This means that even if i connect an HLD X0 the picture improvement will not be as much right? Because the processing will be on the plasma...

Please correct me if i'm wrong...

The HLD X0 has a 16 Bit Processor and as for the X9 i don't know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts