AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

I love to watch movies and listen to music whenever i have free time. I decided to spoil myself with Home Theater system.

I dont want to spend more than 1000$. My living room is small. I dont have space for huge floor standing speakers and they are mostly expensive. And im ok with a 5.1 setup so with its price and good reviews, i think i will get Yamaha RX-V477. For the speakers, i wanted to get the Energy Take Classics 5.1 but we dont have them here in Spain.

Today i been to a HIFI store, they have alot of monitor speakers, DALI, KEF, B&W, HARBERT and more. They suggested me the DALI ZENSOR 1 Cinema Pack + DALI FAZON SUB 1. Price tag 868 € (speaker set including sub)

I listed to them for a while very clear mids, they are powerful imo.

Now price is abit high for me. so

1- I dont know if i should invest this much for a speaker system?

2- Can you give some opinions what should i do? Go for Energy Take Classic style speaker set (small in size) or DALI SENZOR style ?

Honestly for a 300 € receiver, i was thinking to spend max 400-500 € speaker setup. Now im abit confused

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions

burak

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check aperion audio, Svs, axiom. They all have very good quality. Svs prime series would fit great and great sounding.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
You do realize that you are asking folks that are half a world away from the options you have in the European theatre (pun intended)? You might be more successful in the .eu version of this site.

You could also look at the Whathifi site, as they specialize in reviewing speakers from that part of the world.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 4-500 dollars is not going to get you much in a 5.1 speaker system, on either side of the world. Too few dollars across too many speakers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem is the budget not the brands. When i look into brands like DALI, Q Acoustics, KEF or B&W, prices starting from 1000-1500$ for a 5.1 set. If i want to start with 2.1 or 3.1 set from these brands, it is also same price, maybe 100-200$ less which is not worth.

These brands are excellent for music and also good for movies. Now if i lower the budget and get Energy Take Classics 5.1 set for movies, i am sure i will be satisfied but will i be satisfied with music listening as well?

Better wait and get the DALI or Q Acoustics set ? or go cheap and get the micro speakers from Energy

thanks for your time

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Better wait and get the DALI or Q Acoustics set ? or go cheap and get the micro speakers from Energy
That's an easy question. Wait. And while you are waiting, go out and audition more speakers. Who knows what you may find?

Reactions: akrep
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.