AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room in question is about 21 x 13 and while i was looking at 7.1 it seems with the limited space it may not be the best option so i've decided to stick with 5.1. I'm looking at getting the 8080ST and the suggested setup (CS-8080HD, SR-8080BP x2) but i've been told that its better to go with a dipole (in-ceiling) as oppose to a bipole for the rear surrounds (placed on the back wall 5 feet from the couch) by a audio / home theater consultant.

Now i called Def Tech to ask for a suggestion on a in-ceiling rear surround and they told me that the bipoles should be fine in the back....... thoughts ? This is a projector setup, viewing the long way (screen on one end, couch 5 feet from the other).

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saytr79 /forum/post/20863788

The room in question is about 21 x 13 and while i was looking at 7.1 it seems with the limited space it may not be the best option so i've decided to stick with 5.1. I'm looking at getting the 8080ST and the suggested setup (CS-8080HD, SR-8080BP x2) but i've been told that its better to go with a dipole (in-ceiling) as oppose to a bipole for the rear surrounds (placed on the back wall 5 feet from the couch) by a audio / home theater consultant.

Now i called Def Tech to ask for a suggestion on a in-ceiling rear surround and they told me that the bipoles should be fine in the back....... thoughts ? This is a projector setup, viewing the long way (screen on one end, couch 5 feet from the other).

I use definitive bipolars for side and rear channels with excellent results. There is a definitives owners thread which I would suggest you post I. If you have any other questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/20863897

I use definitive bipolars for side and rear channels with excellent results. There is a definitives owners thread which I would suggest you post I. If you have any other questions.

Done, thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.