Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting concept... Surround light:
http://pc.ign.com/news/37436.html

I actually think it's a good idea. Probably won't work too well with a front projection system, but a tube or rear projector shouldn't be too distracted.

Jeremy

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Jeremy,

Funny idea! Earlier today, while doing something at work I was struck by the idea that someday I or my kid might think of my supposedly "state of the art" home theater as absolutely crude because it has a screen on only one side of the room. This thing you found might be a very small step into surround video to go with surround sound. Art

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Full circle - in the early '70's the rage with rock bands were similar devices called "Color Organs", used as part of the stage lighting. These were analog of course - the sound was first divided into frequency ranges which were then used to control solid state light dimmers attached to colored floodlights and spotlights. The bass guitars and drums and vocals all produced different dancing colors. A drum solo was quite spectacular - and got a little too exciting sometimes when an audience member was susceptible to epileptic siezures.

I built several such designs from Popular Electronics....a while ago.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.