AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Parasound 2500 processor, and Parasound 5 channel Amp. The 2500, of course ,has no turntable input. I love analogue two channel stereo, and this is all you get out of a turntable. I can get a turntable preamp and then run into the 2500 or get a stereo preamp (like the Parasound 850) which has turntable cartridge capability built in and run this into the 2500. I can then play through the stereo or music modes on the 2500.

Is there a way to hook up the system so that I can play the turntable through the preamp without going through the processor 's modes (there is no direct input on the 2500 that bypasses the processor)? Am I better off upgrading to a 7100 processor (which has a direct) and only getting a turntable preamp?

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
According to the 2500's manual, you can select Stereo mode to restrict output to the Left and Right speakers plus the subwoofer. See page 31. (Don't forget that even full-range floor-standing speakers normally cannot handle low frequencies as well as a dedicated subwoofer can.)

You will need to get a quality phono-preamp, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts