AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I recently stepped up into the world of HD with a panasonic plasma and while this panels speakers are nice and all, i would like to put some real sound on it.

This is of course my first HDtv and i have been spending the last year figuring out what to get. I am pretty tech savy but like to spend quite a bit of time researching and making sure what i'm getting is exactly what i need.

That being said, of what little i know about HDTV's (i know more so now owning one and spending times around the forum) i know next to nothing about surround sound.

I'm basically looking to get a good 5.1 system but wouldn't mind future proofing things a bit and getting an amp/rev that is 7.1 compatible should i choose to add speakers ... again don't even know if that is possible.

I would like to keep the system initially under .... 700 dollars there about. (that is a rough est. not knowing how much these things cost lol ... soo if you can give me a good idea of how much gets me what).

What brands of equipment should i be looking at.

HDMI is of course a must.

Any help in navigating this really complicated world helps.

chaps.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
700 dollars pretty much limits you to a home-theater-in-a-box system. These exist in 7.1, made by the usual consumer electronic suspects: Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, etc.

Speakers and sub are probably what you will be upgrading first, so look for decent power output.

Regards,

Terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts