AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been two years since I purchased the pioneer 5010fd and just recently bought a surround sound (htib, lhb335) for it. I can't get the speakers to work through regular TV channels or the ps3. Technical tv stuff and I am completley lost with anything.

I tested them out by putting a music cd in the player that came with the speakers and they do work. I followed the instruction manual that came with the speakers and still looking for the tv manual.

I have an hdmi cable running HDMI out from the surround sound dvd player thing (sorry, not sure what it's called) to HDMI input 5 in the TV. The end result of this is nothing... I can bring up the screen through the tv remote on hdmi 5 and listen to the speakers there but nothing through the regular tv channels or the playstation 3 which sits on HDMI 4.

Basically want to connect it to the TV for regular channel audio and the ps3.

Totally lost.

Any insight will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
What inputs does the htib, lhb335 have? Be htib, lhb335sure they are inputs and not outputs. Let us know and we will try to help.

If the TV has red and white audio out connect that to a red and white audio in on the htib, lhb335. This should give sound from the TV but only in stereo. If the htib, lhb335 has another audio input available use that for the PS3.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestWho /forum/post/19543273

On back it says,

HDMI in

HDMI out

Video out yellow

L white (Aux) R red

Output Red, blue, green

Optical in 1 (tv)

Optical in 2

To play the TV through the surround system, you have to connect an optical cable from your cable box/ dish receiver optical out to the LG optical in. As an alternative, you can connect the optical out on the back of your TV to the optical in of the LG, but some TV's do not pass through 5.1 for copyright reasons, only stereo. It will pass 5.1 if you watch OTA programming. Try it and see if your LG receiver 5.1 lights up.

I am one of the lucky ones, my TV's optical out will pass 5.1 for HDMI connections.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah k, wish I had an optical cable right now! What of the PS3 tho to hook that up to it?

And massive thanks for all your responses, eager to get this setup, tho I won't be able to get a cable till Saturday most likely.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestWho /forum/post/19543394

Ah k, wish I had an optical cable right now! What of the PS3 tho to hook that up to it?

And massive thanks for all your responses, eager to get this setup, tho I won't be able to get a cable till Saturday most likely.

Sorry forgot about the PS3. After reading the specs more closely, it looks as if you can connect the HDMI out of the PS3 and hook it into the HDMI in of the LG. Leave the other HDMI cable on HDMI 5. Then select the HDMI input from the LG system ( leave the TV on HDMI 5).

Alternatively, you can just connect an optical cable from the PS3 to the optical 1 or 2 of the LG player.

How do you watch regular TV, cable, satellite, OTA?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestWho /forum/post/19543584

DirectTV, tho it's not high def.

On the back of the DirectTVbox, if there is an optical out, then hook that up to the optical in 1 or 2 of the LG. Although since you have a standard def box, I'm not sure if it will output 5.1 anyway, just stereo. In that case just use regular audio out (red+white) from the DirectTV box to the AUX in of the LG. As I mentioned before, if you TV passes through 5.1, then all you need is 1 optical cable from the TV optical out to the LG optical in. That will take care of both TV channels and the PS3.

You have an HDTV, but no HD service from DirectTV? You are probably not enjoying the full benefits of picture and sound.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestWho /forum/post/19546241

YEah, haven't upgraded to hd yet, soon tho. I'm content with just it working for movies.

If you haven't upgraded to HD yet, why are you posting on the HDTV Technical forum?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.