AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large room, that is kind of a great room. Its living area, kitchen and dining in one large room Id say 45x40 or so. I have a dedicated HT room with projector, but in the last few years, we have been watching lots of movies in the large room, because we got a new couch, and my projector is only 720p. I have 2 large PA speakers for my large room set up. they are 12 inch woofers and horns. driven by a newer Denon s700w that I just bought. I have a center with the 2 PA speakers for movies. Question is, if your were going to put in surround speakers, how would you do it? 4 options. There is a bar that is head height when sitting on the couch behind the couch. The counter is 33 inches high, so kinda low. Should I mount bookshelf , or just smaller rears under the counter? Cabling is going to be toughest here. Will prob end up being an 60 foot run. I have to go up and over, and I have a concrete floor. Option #2 /3, is mounting speakers in the ceiling.. either flush mount, or bracket hanging. Ceiling is 9 feet high. would mount about 5 feet back from the couch. (same distance as the bar) option 4 is getting some bookshelf speakers, and placing them on top of kitchen cabinets, but all the way in the back of the room. (20 feet from couch) I have not bought any speakers yet. but I don't want to spend more than $300 on the set. Also, if I got those pa speakers off the floor by a couple of feet, would that help my overall sound? thinking of building mdf stands. Are there any wireless surround speakers that are any good? (for counter option) (see photos below)

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts