AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
In my honest opinion the only HTIB from Onkyo that I would recommend is the HT-S9100THX but that's way more costly than the 6200. Onkyo doesn't make good speakers, but they do make excellent receivers. The 6200 retails for $699 and I'm sure you can get it cheaper at newegg.com or bhphotovideo.com. But if $700 is too much money for you then you should consider used or build a new system in steps. For instance maybe start out with a simple 2.0 system, buy a decent av receiver and a left and right front speaker. Maybe you want to get a receiver with 7.1 capability and if you ever have money to get you speaker package up to 7.1 then you won't need a new receiver. Here is a good buy a refurbished Onkyo 607 receiver for $379, http://shoponkyo.com/products_refurb...s=1&group_id=1

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
BTW it is alway better to buy seperates rather than buy a HTIB. Seperates will get you a much better system.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! You have been very helpful. Can you give me an example of a good mid/low range receiver and speaker so I can examine the specs and look for deals?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Here is a good buy a refurbished Onkyo 607 receiver for $379, http://shoponkyo.com/products_refurb...s=1&group_id=1 also if you want to buy new speakers the best cheap speakers that I know of are Polk Audio (Monitor Series speakers from newegg.com) especially the Monitor 70s. The 70s are floorstanding tower speakers and would be great for front L&R speakers $230 each. Start with 2 of those then save money and buy the Polk CS2 which is the matching center speaker for the monitor 70s and that is $130 from newegg.com along with that search the sub forum and ask what a good cheap subwoofer would be for you. Then lastly buy your 2 or 4 surround speakers depending if you do 5.1 or 7.1 I would suggest the Polk Monitor 30s from newegg.com for $110 per pair.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts