AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'll just start with a thank you very much for your advices.

I'm currently building a new house, and i particulary would like to install a surround system (5.1 or 7.1?!) on my 440 square feet living room. I´m a complete ignorante on the matter hence i came calling out for help.

I was looking for a in-wall system or ceiling?! ( my wife doesn't want speakers placed all over the room ) 

I'm not looking for an audiophilic quality, just something with a decent sound at an affordable price, well i'm only used to the tv sound anyway :)

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Ceiling is a bad idea for your front soundstage. Definitely go in-wall there.

Reactions: crazyrob425

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1520613/surround-sound-system-advice#post_24437079

Use In-wall speakers for the front and then you can use in-ceiling for the rear.

I wouldn't get an in-wall subwoofer personally their performance is not worth it

Will there be much of a difference between in-wall and ceiling rears?

About the in-wall subwoofer how bad is it, i don't really have a notion because i've never heard one. Will a double in-wall sub solve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermathdrums  /t/1520613/surround-sound-system-advice#post_24435547

Check out the BIC Formula FH8-W on partsexpress.com. Bic is a pretty good company too for regular speakers, but these in-walls seem like a good choice. The Dayton Audio ME525MTM look pretty good too, also another great company.

Those seem like good speakers, i was willing to go up to 1500€ but then again i really dont know much about this.

Thank you all very much for the advices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts