AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Confirmed - dolby digital (DD 5.1) passes through the TV's digital audio out (optical), but DTS does not... well kind of. I say that because I was able to get DTS to pass through the TV too, but only when using Boxee (using .MKV files with DTS tracks) on my HTPC - I couldn't do it with VLC, Windows Media Center, XBOX 360 or Samsung BDP1600 Blu ray player). I simply changed Boxee's audio output from analog to digital, made sure DTS capable receiver was checked and unchecked the "downmix multichannel audio to stereo" option. The TV does intermittently flash the unsupported audio message/notification - sometimes it go away, sometimes it doesn't show up at all.

P.S. - In case someone was wondering, I'm running Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), Boxee 0.9.23.15885 (build date 10/31/2010), NVIDIA Geforce GT220 and outputting via HDMI to the Sony KDL-46EX500 LCD TV and then digital audio out (optical) from the TV to a Samsung HT-HDP40 HTiB system that's picking up the DTS stream.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.