AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by espplayer7 /forum/post/19599121

I was wondering how I could hook these up to my TV for surround sound considering the TV does not have a TOSlink digital input

thanks

Hi espplayer7, I think you're confused with input and output.

The tv should have an "Audio Out Optical (Toslink)" port which is what you want connected to TB DSS Optical In.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The TV does not have a toslink out. I use the heaphones for my xbox so if i was to use that I would technically only be able to use it to watch dvds. Is there a way I can watch regular TV with the headphones without having to get a whole rig. Perhaps a certain type of adapter of some sort? thanks

·
Registered
9,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by espplayer7 /forum/post/19612635

The TV does not have a toslink out. I use the heaphones for my xbox so if i was to use that I would technically only be able to use it to watch dvds. Is there a way I can watch regular TV with the headphones without having to get a whole rig. Perhaps a certain type of adapter of some sort? thanks

Toslink and optical is the same. If the link posted is indeed your model tv, it does have two types of audio output - analog or optical.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by espplayer7 /forum/post/19615864

Since the optical output for the tv is SPDIF how will I get it to work with the toslink cable?

You should be able to just plug it in. Optical digital is almost always TOSlink. If it is one of those 1/8" optical jacks, you will need a cable with 1/8" optical on one end and the square TOSlink connector on the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts