AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm mounting Polk Audio OWM3's on the wall for my surrounds. The problem I see is that the aren't evenly spaced, Do they need to be? The right surround is at 7 foot away from the primary seating position and the left surround is at 9 foot away. My question is, does it matter that they arent the exact distance away? or will my 4311 denon receiver compensate the differences? Sorry, little new at this

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the same issue but even worse, 6ft from right surround and 10 ft from left surround, and it sounds perfectly fine, still sounds like I'm in the center of everything when listening to music.

I used the full auto MCACC setup on my receiver, VSX-32, and it adjusted all the settings to compensate, most importantly channel level, but the standing wave and equalizer setting for each channel might also change because acoustics change with more space.

So, no it doesn't matter about the distance, your recevier will compensate with the auto setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.