AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a pair of infinity p362's and a pc350. Does anyone have any advice for some surrounds that would be under $250 for a pair. I have been looking around for some descent dipolar and bipolars and have seen a pair from the speaker company for $170 and a pair of energy cr-100 for $160. The room is 11 x 14 and they would be going on the long walls. Does anyone have any good recomendations and would I be better off buying some budget bookshelves and going 7.1?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I've always preferred direct radiating surround speakers. Seems 2 pairs of P142s, P152s, P162s, or P160s would fit your budget and match your fronts.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thing I should have mentioned is that my couch is all the way against the back wall. Not sure if this makes a diffrence.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
If your couch is on the back wall, you shouldn't go 7.1. The Surround Back speakers are meant to go at least 3 feet behind the listening area. Stick with 5.1 and put your surrounds on the side walls or the corners.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/15474161

If your couch is on the back wall, you shouldn't go 7.1. The Surround Back speakers are meant to go at least 3 feet behind the listening area. Stick with 5.1 and put your surrounds on the side walls or the corners.

So I should stick with a pair of dipoles or bipoles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts