AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved into a new apartment with a fairly small living room. (11'x14') I'm having trouble figuring out the best placement for my surround speakers. I think I've all but ruled out rear surround since my couch has to be so close to the wall. I'm attaching a layout as it's easier than describing the room.

The TV is along the right wall, couch and chair along the left wall. The balcony is along the top so I can't block those doors.

I'm thinking surrounds above ear level on the side walls. The right surround I'm thinking hang off the rear wall but have it fire towards the listener. So I may end up with the speakers slightly above and behind ear level, firing at one another.

The other option is placing them in the corners and using the walls and ceiling as reflectors.

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
For one I would have to ask what kind of speakers do you have? I know personally my setup I basically have to have the seating right up against the back wall like you have. So what I have is about 2 feet from the back wall and about 5.75 feet off the floor(only a 7 foot ceiling) is Paradigm ADP's for my rears. They basically fire backward/forward(dipole speakers) so it works out great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts