AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small room (10 feet by 11.5 feet) that I use as a TV/computer room. Along one wall I have a desk across the entire length. I have a 40" TV, a 19" computer monitor, and 2 speakers on this desk.

I've had a 5.1 surround receiver for years but never bothered with anything other than a 2.0 system. I'm seeing more and more of my content that is 5.1, and I think it's time to to expand to a 5.1 system.

I think I've figured out the ideal places to put the two surround speakers and subwoofer, but I wanted to check in with everyone on the forum for advice. See the attached image for where I think I should put the speakers. I'm think of using wallmounts for the surrounds. I haven't put the center channel speaker on the attached image since that one is fairly obvious where it should go.

Does this seem like a good setup for the surrounds?

Thanks!

Edit: FYI, the attached image should be very close to scale.

roomlayout.jpg 53k .jpg file

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A bit more information about my current setup:

I have a Panasonic SA-HE75. I know it's an older receiver but I don't have any complaints with it. I'm also using two Technics speakers (also older) as my current front speakers.

I'm thinking of moving the Technics to surround speakers, and the new speakers will be the new fronts. Any problems with mixing and matching different speaker brands?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts