AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, due to the layout of my room, the surround speakers are pretty close to the main listening position (roughly 4 feet away) and are currently sitting on stands at about ear level.

Having done research, I read that due to the close proximity a bipole/dipole surround speaker solution would work best - is this the case?

I was looking at the Axiom QS4/QS8 but due to their having bottom-firing drivers, they would not work well on my current speaker stands.

Do you have any recommendations on bipole/dipole surround speakers that would work well? I don't have a set budget or anything but imagine I can find good sounding ones for under $500 a pair.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
OK, due to the layout of my room, the surround speakers are pretty close to the main listening position (roughly 4 feet away) and are currently sitting on stands at about ear level.

Having done research, I read that due to the close proximity a bipole/dipole surround speaker solution would work best - is this the case?

I was looking at the Axiom QS4/QS8 but due to their having bottom-firing drivers, they would not work well on my current speaker stands.

Do you have any recommendations on bipole/dipole surround speakers that would work well? I don't have a set budget or anything but imagine I can find good sounding ones for under $500 a pair.
I would go with coaxial surrounds. I've heard the axioms and there ok but not great. If your ok with assembling a flatpack then get the volt 8 from diysoundgroup. Will come in at under 350$ for pair and will sound better then 500$ commercial. Will hang with 1k commercial .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts