AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice set of Wharfedale speakers I will be using as surrounds now in my home theater/sound system set up. Just picked up a set of floor standers I will be using for the fronts now.

The wharfedales were bi-wired, but now since they will only be doing surround duty I would like to find a speaker wire

·
Registered
22,124 Posts
^^^

+1, or the usual suspects, monoprice, etc.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found some Kimber KWIK-12 in wall speaker cable at audioadvisor that fits the bill, the 16ga fits the bill nicely for a 100ft spool, the 12ga is quite a bit more. At max run length of 35ft, should I be using the 12ga for a high end speaker as the wharfedale?

There is also the analysis plus 16ga cable.

·
Registered
22,124 Posts
the "quality" of the loudspeaker has zero to do with the gauge you need...

needed gauge is entirely dependent upon run/load...

here is a handy table to determine what you need

again... go to home despot/lowes/monoprice and get whatever 14 gauge they have... that'll be fine for that run...

here... 17 cents a foot for 14 gauge in-wall ...

wire IS wire... but somehow, i don't think we are going to convince you of that...

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
You can wrap the cheap, high-quality cable in a fancy colored, braided jacket, if that's what you're looking for.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoRob /forum/post/19569779

Found some Kimber KWIK-12 in wall speaker cable at audioadvisor that fits the bill, the 16ga fits the bill nicely for a 100ft spool, the 12ga is quite a bit more. At max run length of 35ft, should I be using the 12ga for a high end speaker as the wharfedale?

There is also the analysis plus 16ga cable.

You should get a higher quality speaker cable than this 16ga Kimber cable.

You should go to home depot as recommended, at get 12-gauge speaker cable. Or order from monoprice, etc. Or if you want really nice build-quality, get nicer cables from BlueJeans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.