AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest some surround speakers (and stands too if possible) to go with the following

2 Infinity P362 (Front)

Infinity PC350 (Center)

eD A2-300

I will be laying them out in the way that Mr. Audio suggested in thread 1066215 :

I can spend around 70-100 per speaker. Preference is to have them not too big since I don't have that much space to work with.

Also, is this layout one conducive for dipole speakers?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would suspect that going with Primus bookshelf speakers for surrounds would be the best match. They have one that uses 4 1/2" drivers, which while awkward isn't tooooo big.

I've been "" this close to buying the P362's at Frys, but am hesitant due to the lack of true wall-mountable speakers. I might still go for it and buy the satellites from The Speaker Company for surrounds.

Edit: These are what I'm talking about: http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/...USA&Country=US

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Not many of the P162s left for sale by Harman Audio on ebay, but there are still P152s available. Check here:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Harman...519532QQsofpZ0

You should be able to get a pair for around $100 or so. Note they are sold separate, you'll need to win 2 auctions for pair. They will match your towers just fine.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RequiemX /forum/post/15477764

I've been "" this close to buying the P362's at Frys, but am hesitant due to the lack of true wall-mountable speakers. I might still go for it and buy the satellites from The Speaker Company for surrounds.

The P152 is a bit bulky but can be mounted on the wall. It has a front firing bass port.

Or buy a pair of JBL L810s from Harman Audio. They are a true wall mount speaker and come with mounting brackets.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. The Infinity's look like a very viable option.

Should I only be limiting myself to Inifnity's? Is it just as important to match the rear speakers as it is to match the fronts and centers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I need surround speakers for my system as well. I have two P362Bs for front left and right powered by an ONKYO 606. i want to add a center channel and surrounds.

The P362bs already have too much bass for my neighbors comfort. i was all set on buying the klipsch ss.5 for 99$. i have a coupon for amazon and was planning to buy it through amazon. their price has suddenly gone up a 70$. They are not available on amz through vanns anymore. are these easily wall mountable?

My second option was Polk RM6751, these are tiny and have great reviews. Does anyone have any opinion on these?

i really want something that can hang off a wall without the need for any mounting hardware.

With economy screwing us all.. i want to ensure that i use my gift certificate and not cash.

any other suggestions?

Thanks

Anand

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaswamy /forum/post/15479447

i really want something that can hang off a wall without the need for any mounting hardware.

Anand

I presume you mean to buy speakers that come with the hardware to hang them? Take a look at JBL L810s, L820s and L830s offered on ebay by Harman Audio. They all come with the required hardware to hang them.

·
Registered
29,187 Posts

Quote:
I need surround speakers for my system as well. I have two P362Bs for front left and right powered by an ONKYO 606. i want to add a center channel and surrounds.

The P362bs already have too much bass for my neighbors comfort. i was all set on buying the klipsch ss.5 for 99$. i have a coupon for amazon and was planning to buy it through amazon. their price has suddenly gone up a 70$. They are not available on amz through vanns anymore. are these easily wall mountable?
Quote:

They're meant to be wall mounted! They have built in keyhole brackets.

Save your Amazon coupon for something else and buy directly from vanns.com for $99.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/15478612

Infinity's would be the best match for your 362's up front. perhaps the P142 which comes with a keyhole slot for wall mounting.

If you don't care about matching the surrounds with the fronts, go for the Klipsch s.5 surrounds. Easily wall mountable.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

since these are bipole/dipole speakers, would it be ok to buy 2 sets and use them as 7.1?

·
Registered
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 /forum/post/15481041

I presume you mean to buy speakers that come with the hardware to hang them? Take a look at JBL L810s, L820s and L830s offered on ebay by Harman Audio. They all come with the required hardware to hang them.

No. I live in an apartment and cannot afford to make any holes in the walls. i want something light weight that i can hang off the wall ... ideally key hole brackets would work.

Any opinions on the RM6751 surround speakers or Polk in general in comparison to the Klipsch?

I havent heard either.

Anand

·
Registered
646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchow /forum/post/15511907

Would using a pair of P362 for surround be okay?

Its always a good idea to have matching speakers all around especially for music. For home theater its not as crucial but still nice. Definatly a good idea if you have the room to properly place them.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okfireman /forum/post/15512163

Its always a good idea to have matching speakers all around especially for music. For home theater its not as crucial but still nice. Definatly a good idea if you have the room to properly place them.

Thanks. The speakers will be mainly used for movies so it is nice to know that they don't have to be matching. I plan to get RTi A7 or A5 for the fronts. Fry's is having Infinity Primus P362 on sale - $258 for the pair so I didn't want to pass it up if I could use them for surrounds.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RequiemX /forum/post/15501432

In terms of Polk, I have the OWM3's on my list of possibles because they're very easily wall-mountable (including those keyhole slots you want), are light, and unobtrusive.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/owm3/index.php

The specs look pretty good, too. But while my Fry's had them, they weren't wired for listening so I don't know how they sound, personally.

They look sleek. my only concern is the price. Im trying to keep it under a 100-120 for a pair of surrounds. Got to conserve now.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
I'm using four of the P142s for the side and rear surrounds in a 7.1 system with the P362s and PC350 in front. This setup works quite well and I ended up paying on average $30 each for the P142s (including shipping) ordering them one at a time off of the Harman eBay store (got them in Nov. and early Dec.). The prices do vary a lot so if you have the time you can find some bargins. I ended up paying under $600 with shipping for all 7 speakers (great deal).

·
Registered
199 Posts
has anyone used these speakers as surrounds, any opinions on these?

Considering infinity is also made by Harman, i know their quality.

Thanks

Anand

·
Registered
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaswamy /forum/post/15567310

has anyone used these speakers as surrounds, any opinions on these?

Considering infinity is also made by Harman, i know their quality.

Thanks

Anand

The range of the HKS 9 is from 105hz-20khz

The range of the polk is from 40hz to 24khz. Does it matter much considering there arent going to be too many low freq from the surround speakers?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts