AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good surround speaker from Polk that will compliment my Polk Monitor 50's and Polk CS2 Cherry Speakers? I was hoping to find a Surround in Cherry but have had no luck. I can't go with the Monitor 30's because they are to large and I'm hoping to find a good Polk that is your standard surround size. Thanks for reading.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
There is no 'standard' size for surrounds. My surrounds are 11-1/2" x 17-1/2" x 12-1/4". Larger than most.

Go shopping for a pair of small speakers. The brand isn't important for surrounds as long as they have quality sound. Keep in mind small speakers are limited in what they can do sound quality wise. I'd look for a 2 way speaker. There are lots of small speakers that have only one driver. Sound quality will suffer with only one driver.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
for movie audio tracts, the surrounds are carrying only very limited amounts of audio information, so just about any decent speakers will work fine. If you want to stay with Polk, check out Polk Atrium 45 speakers from the "Polk Audio Direct" ebay store or ebay seller "polkdirect"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I finally found some surround speakers that are not to large or expensive. Hopefully they will be a good compliment to my Polks which are listed below. Now I need to find a sub and my pockets are getting empty.

http://www.audiophileliquidator.net/...oducts_id=8205

Energy Speakers C-50 (pair) cherry $135.85

System Type: Bass Reflex, Rear Vented

Recommended Amplifier Power: up to 100 watts

Nominal Impedence: 8 ohms; Minimum Impedance: 4 ohms

65Hz-20kHz +/- 3 dB

Frequency Response:

60 Hz

Useable Bass Response

(-10db Anechoic):

Sensitivity

anechoic 85dB

(2 speakers in a typical room): 88dB

Crossover Point: 2.9kHz

Components:

Chambered 1" Aluminum Dome,

4-1/2" Composite Fiberglas cone

Overall Dimensions:

W - 5.75"/14.5cm,

H - 8.75"/22cm,

D - 8"/20cm

Panasonic Plasma 42"

XBox 360

XBox HDDVD

Sony BlueRay BDP-350

Onkyo TX-SR606

Polk Audio Monitor 50

Polk Audio Center CS2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just found out that my order was cancelled from Audiophile liquidators b/c the energy C-50's are out of stock. Sucks. Anyone know where I can find these at a good price in Cherry? My google results are not that good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apparently it's kind of hard to find a cherry surround and I'm having no luck. I'd be willing to pay $200 for a pair but that's about it. Not sure what else to do might have to settle for black.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
since the surrounds are not in your immediate visual area ( kind of detatched from the main front focal point of your system ) black surrounds really won't be an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts