AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched this site regarding surround speakers and am looking for some specific input. As I build a modest home theater, I have a few criteria that I am trying to meet. I have a 46" Sony HDTV and Panasonic CP72 progressive scan DVD player. I'm planning on an Onkyo or Denon receiver and sub/satellites. Unfortunately, I have a wife factor that needs to be considered. I'm looking for small satellites in WHITE that have good imaging and sound (no hollow midrange gap) for music as well as movies. My wife likes the look of the Bose speakers, but they sound HORRIBLE (my opinion only). I have heard the Polk RM6700's and they sounded really good with the right sub. I've also considered the Def Tech Pro 80 and Gallo Nucleus. Any others out there that I can find under $1K? Remember....small, white, and good sound. Thanks for your input....Jason

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that input. I have heard good things about paradigm speakers, but have never heard of canton. I will definitely check them out. Do these speakers work well as a sat/sub system with good imaging and a good sub/sat blend (good midrange)?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
As usual :D, I would like to suggest the Axiom QS4 or QS8 quadpolar surrounds. They have an off-white/beige "maple" finish with off-white/beige "tan" grill. I have heard of even whiter finish, too, but am not sure if it is still available (you can ask around in Axiom's own message boards ). I am very happy with the sound and build quality of the QS8's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.