Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this, and if this is the wrong place, I apologize. It probably doesn't even belong on the forum, but I figured some of you guys may know exactly what I am looking for.

I own a small Home Theater Sales & Installation company and have done a few surveillance systems over the years. Just some basic ones, but I have a "special request". Special from what I am used to anyway.

I have a guy that owns a farm with a lot of folks working for him. He is concerned that some of his guys may be coming out at night and stealing fuel out of his tanks for their own personal use and not for that of the farm. So he wants to put a camera up to catch em. I will have 110 accessible; the things I need are this in a camera. It needs to be Motion Sensitive and be able to turn a VCR on. It will also need Infrared, be inconspicuous, and weather proof.

Surely someone out there has come across this same type thing.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

Aj

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
there is some other software for use with a webcam. i will have to look at what i use.. i just leave the systems up and working.. basicly it lets you set a window and if it seens movement it will capture an image.. but if hes concerned then he should lock it up in the morning and lock it up at night.. or maybe a keypad lock that keeps a log. this will let him do it and monitor who is doing what.. a flow meter would also show who and how much was loaded and at what times.. this will at least let him keep the employees and keep the honest...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by pen25
but if hes concerned then he should lock it up in the morning and lock it up at night.. or maybe a keypad lock that keeps a log. this will let him do it and monitor who is doing what.. a flow meter would also show who and how much was loaded and at what times.. this will at least let him keep the employees and keep the honest...
Problem is this.....he owns a Catfish farm and has probably 10 people on the farm AT LEAST at any given time 24 hours a day. Tank is locked, but all they all have to have keys to get fuel, weather it be for the tractors, trucks, generators, etc....so tracking fuel would be difficult. Plus, I don't believe he wants to HAVE to get into all the extra crap. He wants honest employees or he doesn't want em, period. So, in order to find out who ISN'T honest...he wants this setup. I'm not gonna try to talk him out of it, that would be like talking my way OUT of a job...and that ain't gonna happen:p

Aj

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
haha i understand..my old boss installed flow meters and all for tracking of fuel.. but we had free access to the pumps since we were like family. basicly it was me my dad and cousin working for him and then we had a couple worms to do the dirty work but the 3 of us had access to the vehicles and pumps.. oh and consider the x10 setup for computer.. if not you can work an x10 device to signal the cctv camara to turn on

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a new member so I can't link you to site. Try going to 123cctv.com and from home page - to camera systems - to Remote Monitoring & Digital Recording -- at top of page is "DIGI Cam Remote Surveillance Software $40".. It's a program to use with existing Video card or get a 2,3,8,or 16 input PCI Card for Cam hook-up(RCA) & use DIGI CAM software to access program--It allows camera to record directly onto hard drive, has motion detect mode, multiplexing ability, compresses data for storage... NO VCR, NO TAPES... Also you'll need B&W(best for night vision)High Res Camera (Maybe a wireless if applicable)...

On the Fuel thief note: I would make them ask me for fuel every time-then I'd go fill tanks... Then I'd offer a CASH reward for thief!!! Cash Always Talks!!! Then I'd feed him to the CATFISH!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.