AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just looked at the advanced Listings on Comcast's Guide on my DVR, and it shows that Surviro Fiji will be in HD. It premairs February 8th, 2007.

Any Truth to this???

Carmine

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
I am sure CBS and Mark Burnett would have made an announcement about this somewhere other than in the Comcast DVR guide. So I wouldn't count on it at all.

(But stranger things have happened. Just not much stranger and very infrequently. Whereas mis-identifying HD programs in various guides happens all the time.)

·
Registered
LG GX | LG SP11RA
1,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa /forum/post/0

I am sure CBS and Mark Burnett would have made an announcement about this somewhere other than in the Comcast DVR guide. So I wouldn't count on it at all.

(But stranger things have happened. Just not much stranger and very infrequently. Whereas mis-identifying HD programs in various guides happens all the time.)

I used to watch Survivor all the time and stopped watching it because it wasn't in HD. If it is in HD, I will surely be watching this time around.

·
Registered
690 Posts
HD Survivor would rock. All the scenery would look great. And all the festering bug bites all over the female contestants would rock too Even without bugs the survivors would be good to look at.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I wonder how HD would change the show. Would they have to give contestants more food and hair and skin care products to keep them from looking scary?

One thing is for sure, there'd be more hot babes. Bring it on!!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
I'll ask, but very unlikely.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just did a little Googling on the subject, and from a Survivor rumor post about Fiji, I found this:

Quote:
The season was filmed entirely in HD. The cameras weighed 65 pounds each and had to be carried everywhere. The cameramen would do things like walk backwards up rocky terrain to film them.

Again, it's from a rumor post, but a lot of the other items make sense.

http://jackiestvblog.blogspot.com/20...ide-scoop.html

·
Registered
4,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa /forum/post/0

They could be waiting to pop the news during the Superbowl since they have this year. I would think with a show that seems to be on the decline you would annouce it sooner, but maybe the want to do it in front of the biggest audience of the year.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It has been renewed for two more series next season 2007-2008. So, the inferred decline has not got it canceled.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad /forum/post/0

I used to watch Survivor all the time and stopped watching it because it wasn't in HD. If it is in HD, I will surely be watching this time around.

Pls don't be insulted by this - it is not intended and likely off-topic anyway - but this kind of thing always escapes me. You (the general "you" or "us", not you personally) usually watch a show for its content and interest. Getting it in HD is an added bonus and a very highly sought after one at that. But to watch or not watch something simply bcz it is in SD astounds me. We've all watched SD for years (some, like me, for many more years than others
). Just bcz we WANT it in HD, as in Survivor, should have little real bearing on whether we would give it up IMO.

I recognize there are some (many?) who will watch every HD movie out simply bcz it's now in HD, even if they would have hated it normally. I wouldn't. I may wish for the movie/show to be in HD, but I can't really fathom either watching something that doesn't interest me at all, simply bcz it's in HD. And neither can I fathom NOT watching something I do have an interest in, simply bcz it's not in HD. But, like so many other things, maybe it's just me. It usually is.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid /forum/post/0

They could be waiting to pop the news during the Superbowl since they have this year. I would think with a show that seems to be on the decline you would annouce it sooner, but maybe the want to do it in front of the biggest audience of the year.

Wouldn't that be incredible. Don't let anyone know it's in HD, then during the SB, show a few commercials in HD. You realize how pumped people would get, moreso from hearing it on the Internet first?

Ok...I'm going to just believe....this has to happen. It's too brilliant not to.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 /forum/post/0

And neither can I fathom NOT watching something I do have an interest in, simply bcz it's not in HD. But, like so many other things, maybe it's just me. It usually is.

I got hooked on Men In Trees because it's HD. If it was SD I wouldn't have originally checked it out. The HD makes the show. It's a well written, kinda cute show, but, the scenery in HD makes the show infinitely better.

There are a couple of shows I can think of that were marginal for me in SD but in HD I record them. George Lopez is one. If it were SD I probably wouldn't watch it. However, in HD the wife and daughter make it worth the 30 mins a week

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 /forum/post/0

Pls don't be insulted by this - it is not intended and likely off-topic anyway - but this kind of thing always escapes me. You (the general "you" or "us", not you personally) usually watch a show for its content and interest. Getting it in HD is an added bonus and a very highly sought after one at that. But to watch or not watch something simply bcz it is in SD astounds me. We've all watched SD for years (some, like me, for many more years than others
). Just bcz we WANT it in HD, as in Survivor, should have little real bearing on whether we would give it up IMO.

I recognize there are some (many?) who will watch every HD movie out simply bcz it's now in HD, even if they would have hated it normally. I wouldn't. I may wish for the movie/show to be in HD, but I can't really fathom either watching something that doesn't interest me at all, simply bcz it's in HD. And neither can I fathom NOT watching something I do have an interest in, simply bcz it's not in HD. But, like so many other things, maybe it's just me. It usually is.

I used to be that way.. but there is so much content now, a show like survivor is borderline to many people. You put that show in HD and you've got beautiful scenery, hot chicks, sport-type challenges... It definitely increases the watchability of the show.

I may not care about the reality show aspect, but I see it sort of like some of the nature shows that I only watch if they are HD. HD makes it more entertaining.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.