AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to hook up sv420m to pc via hdmi to hdmi got picture and resolution set up fine but audio is not coming in and my comp is not recognizing and installs via sound i have nvidia gt 120 graphics card and it says hdmi audio enabled but sound is not working. Have called vizio they said to try and plug rca red and white audio cables to tv by hdmi 3 port which is suppose to be pc plug in via hdmi still nothing my comp model is lx6810-01 check cnet for specs cant post link yet

any clues anyone?

·
Registered
22,825 Posts
If HDMI direct (digital) audio doesn't work and analog audio (red/white) from the PC doesn't work... I'd suspect you have a setup/audio problem in your PC.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
From what I can see on the specs on your video card, there is a SPDIF audio connector on the video card that needs to be attached to the SPDIF output on the sound card. I found another user on google with the same PC as you complaining that the two weren't hooked together and he couldn't figure out where to attach to on the motherboard. I'm assuming the PC has integrated sound so the sound card is built into the motherboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a panasonic plasma model TC-P42U1 for a short while and i was able to just plug into hdmi from tv to pc and got sound and picture np but now i go under sound manager and it just shows my comp speakers and not vizio tv for speaker as sound could it be the vizio messing up?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
No idea at that point, you'd be better off asking this in the LCD Flat Panel section and/or home theater PC section of the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved: Have sound coming thru tv via hdmi no analog audio needed.

Steps taken

1. Went to device manager then scrolled to my sound video and game controllers tab , clicked realtek audio which is my audio for my comp uninstalled then restarted comp and auto installed my realtek high definition audio and went to

sound clicked playback tabs and presto hdmi audio has now popped up as and option and everything is as it should be.

Side note vizio customer service are idiots and where not helpful at all and told me that hdmi would only carry video to there tvs and not audio and that i would need to hook up analog audio right next to hdmi port 3 which i was told is the recommended port to hook up pc connection which i have found nothing of this sort to support that in the owners manual unless you need to hook up analog with your video source which did not work for me anyway.

Once again thinking that you can resolve any issues with customer service is a pipe dream, with them reciting the standard 1-10 steps that of course you have tried and having ten times the amount of knowledge within ten minutes of owning the device.

Thanks for the help avs Forums the only source of information is thru forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts