AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stopped by a Costco store I finally saw the SVA plasma that you guy mentioned a few weeks back. I took the liberty in buying one and this is what I found with the unit:

1. Tried hooking up may Panasonic Progressive Scan dvd player to the unit, no matter what I tried I only got 480i. I borrowed my friend's Sony Progressive scan and again 480i only. I tried connecting my Samsung HDTV Set-top box and nada no signal.

2. RGB is the only input that can accept HDTV feed, when I hooked up my Samsung SIR-TS165, I was not able to adjust the vertical size and the image was half on the screen and half off. So what happens when you want to use Component or DVI to watch HDTV programming? Guess your out of luck with this unit.

3. Don't think it is consumer compliant, did not see a FCC Class B sticker on the panel so it's likely has not been tested therefore it likely is not compliant with FCC regulations.

Seriously did the manufacturer just product this product overnight and put false advertising to mislead consumers? I'm seriously disappointed with this product, not only is it going back to Costco, I'm gonna let Costco management know that I cannot believe they carry this worthless brand.

Let me know if any of you guys experienced with the SVA junk.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
NoobiePlasmaUse:

I'm not familiar with SVA, but it's important to do yourr homework first and understand what it is you're buying. This helps avoid "buyer's remorse".;)

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
There's no real buyer remorse from Costco other than time wasted.

They will take back the plasma and return your money if you aren't

satisfied.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NoobiePlasmaUse
Seriously did the manufacturer just product this product overnight and put false advertising to mislead consumers? I'm seriously disappointed with this product, not only is it going back to Costco, I'm gonna let Costco management know that I cannot believe they carry this worthless brand.
According to the specs here:

http://www.costco.com/product.asp?ca...4&log=&navtop=

The unit is only listed as supporting 1080i and NTSC, not 480p nor 720p.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
This is Hilarious:

"There is only two words to describe the New SVA Plasma " High-End".

The 42-inch (HD4208TIII-PDP) HD Plasma TV combines stylish design with the excitement of HDTV compatibility (1080i). "

I "Like" the way they describe the Plasma to make people believe it's a HD set.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's why SVA stands for Sh*&ty Video from Asia!!

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.