AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and oddly enough I couldn't find anything - there is no way I'm the only one with this problem.

In Windows XP, only the PowerDVD player can play SVCD properly. Zoomplayer, WinDVD, Windows Media Player and plays them squashed, i.e with the aspect ratio too narrow. The picture looks like raw anamorphic material, with everything too tall and too thin.

Zoomplayer has a lot of aspect ratio options, and believe me I have tried them, but to no avail. The only thing I can change is the size/position of the image, not the incorrect aspect ratio. I want to be able to use ZP since it is such a good program otherwise. The only way I have managed to display SVCD correctly in ZP is using ffdshow, but I'd rather not do that since that opens a whole new can of worms.

I want to point out that it's nothing wrong with me/the XP install - I've been having this problem on all my computers ever since Windows XP was released.

Help!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million! I'm not using DX9/VMR9 since it chops up DVD playback for me, but using the "force overlay mixer" option the SVCD - finally - displayed correctly.

Now I'm off doing some RTFM'ing on media playback. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.