AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hook up a DTC-100 to the RGBHV inputs to my Marquee PJ. I understand this is not a problem.

My question is, will I be able to watch all broadcast shows from the DTC-100 this way, ie: non HDTV or do I still have to use say the S-VHS connections?

------------------

M8000

HTPC

·
Registered
660 Posts
I guess that I'll be a little more verbose for clarity...

You can use the VGA out for all of your viewing. You will not need to use the s-video output. The Dtc-100 scales and converts regualar broadcasts and outputs to the VGA. Your projector will adjust accordingly. I have a 4500 and it seems to adjust well to the different timings.

The jury is still out on whether the DTC scales SD content well or not. Some say it's too soft or washed out..some say it's better to scale SD using the s-video out and something like Dscaler and an HTPC. I haven't tried this and I haven't read any sort of quantifiable comparison or review in the forums. I can definately say it's hard to watch regular broadcasts and even DVD's after seeing a good HD transfer or something shot in HD on either Directv or OTA....esp with a CRT projector...and it sounds like you have a real gem. You and your friends are in for a real treat.

EAS

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Just what I wanted to here, short or long.

------------------

M8000

HTPC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.