AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that I get some interference that introduces horizontal lines on my svideo capture to my holo3dgraph card depending on how close my svideo cable runs to my RPTV. The receiver that is outputting the svideo is on the other side of my rptv from my htpc. If the svideo cable runs along the floor with the RPTV scooted up against the wall (it is in a cabinet custom built for it and my AV equipment), I get some very noticeable horizontal scrolling lines on the svideo capture. If I pull the RPTV away from the cable by a foot or so, the lines are completely gone. If the cable is pulled up off the floor about 3 - 4 feet, the lines are very faint but still present -- this is my current solution, but it is less than perfect.

It is a good quality svideo cable from bettercables, their top of the line cable as of a few years ago.

Any suggestions on how to better shield the cable from whatever impact the RPTV is having on it so I can completely eradicate this interference?

Or is a new cable in order? I hope not but if someone has some evidence that there is a cable with superior shielding to bettercables I'm open to that option.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.