Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got it...

initial impression: waaaay too thin, there can't be enough shielding here...certainly not like any other component cables i've seen, most like monster, and even rat shack, are much thicker (and i presume) because of better shielding...

am i wrong?

anyone have any experience here?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know someone's gotta have these component cables...come on, don't be shy, share...

:)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Save yourself some money - just use RG6 and put RCA adapters on the ends. You can even use quad shield cable if you want extra shielding, but probably not needed. Just make sure all the cales are the same length.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chris, any idea how much that would be? say, 25 feet (X 3) RG6 quad shielded cable plus the RCA adapters on the ends?

and where to look? Rat Shack?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I also ordered same cables because of + comments on them from this forum but i feel as you do, they are thin:( i don't have my pj yet but i hooked the long thin cables to my rptv and see no difference:)

:cool: i saw the rg6 cables and rca adapters at home depot;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got my RG-6 from Home Depot. I don't remember the price but it was less than Radio Shack. However I did get the adapters from the Shack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slateef
just got it...

initial impression: waaaay too thin, there can't be enough shielding here...certainly not like any other component cables i've seen, most like monster, and even rat shack, are much thicker (and i presume) because of better shielding...

am i wrong?

Have you actually hooked them up to the projector to see how the image looks? I got the 20' component cables and they do look thin, but the image doesn't have any ghosting or lack of clarity that I can percieve. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I picked up a 25' set of component cables at Fry's electronics, for $25.

(colored red, green, and blue). Quality good, but not monster!

Worked fine for me.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I got the 50 footer.And it looks perfect!

I agree with them the extra sheilding isnt that big of a deal ,its the core conductor that is most important.Just because the cable isnt fat doesnt mean it wont wont look good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:
just got it...

am i wrong?

I purchased same cable length as you. I was and still am, extremely pleased with my purchase. :D When I received my 30 foot cable I also was concerned with how thin it was. After trying them out they didn't work. Contacted the company by email and received a new set in 4 business days no questions asked and an apology. Emails were prompt(Of Huge importance to me, almost more so than the product) and polite. They delivered exactly what they promised they would. I run my component cable to a expressvu 6000 or Hitachi progressive scan player to my X1 and I have been nothing but pleased. I would buy another set from s-video dot com as there product IMHO is exactly the quality they said it would be. Thickness in cable means nothing and never will. If it's crappy quality or built cable thickness is not going to make it any better. Of course this is strictly my opinion. :p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, i'm using them with my l300u..and am getting some ghosting in some dvd's but am not sure if it's the cables or just the transfer (including edge enhancement)..

i've ordered another set of 25' cables from pccables, these are triple shielded, 75 ohm, gold connectors...so i'm going to be doing an A/B comparison and i'll let you know what i find...

prolly won't make much of a difference, but it's worth a shot...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I ordered a 25' LFE cable and a 30' svideo cable from bluejeans on Thursday night, they were waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. ;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Quote:
chris, any idea how much that would be? say, 25 feet (X 3) RG6 quad shielded cable plus the RCA adapters on the ends?

and where to look? Rat Shack?
I had bought a 500' spool of quad shield to run throughout my house, so I used that. For connectors I used these from PartsExpress.com.

So figure probably about $10-$15 worth of cable and $12 for the connectors. Already had a crimping tool. Nice thick conductor and plenty of shielding - picture is fantastic. RG6 works great for LFE cable or composite video also, so in my case I had many different uses for the spool so the savings was significant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.