AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im wondering what you think would be a better choice. This will be used for mainly home theater.

I can get an SVS 20-39 PC-Plus

Or

2 Velodyne DPS-12 for $450. Yes 2 of them for only $450 brand new. Goes down to 25hz. A littel better in-room placed correctly.

Which do you think would be better for home theater?

I single 12" driver that goes deeper or two 12" drivers that dont go quite as deep?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachwhite0
Hey guys Im wondering what you think would be a better choice. This will be used for mainly home theater.

I can get an SVS 20-39 PC-Plus

Or

2 Velodyne DPS-12 for $450. Yes 2 of them for only $450 brand new. Goes down to 25hz. A littel better in-room placed correctly.

Which do you think would be better for home theater?

I single 12" driver that goes deeper or two 12" drivers that dont go quite as deep?
I am a big fan of dual subs. The difference in room response is amazing.

Anyways, if you want dual subs for about $900 and still go down below 20hz, look at dual PB10s. My guess is dual PB10s would be very close to one single 20-39PC+.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Actually the Velodynes do go down, just not flat. I'm no expert but, the DPS 10 sounds very nice, plenty of output and though spec'd to 28 it put's out dbs down to 20. Unfortunately, with distortion (at least from the graphs I've seen). Still for my small family room, it performs very well.

I doubt if you need two of them for most applications. But go ahead and buy 2 and sell me one at cost :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.