AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 10" Acculine A-sub that has served me well in my small living room. I will be setting up a 20x24 home theater next month and am concerned the A-sub will not fill that space adequately.

I was thinking of replacing it with the SVS PB12-NSD. However, the thought occurred to me that I could just get a SVS PB-1000 (or something like it) and use it in tandem with my Acculine A-sub for a dual setup.

What would you do? My budget is tight (I'm buying a house!) so if I could keep my sub solution below $500 rather than the $750 PB12, that would be ideal.

Do I go 2 mixed-brand 10" subs (Acculine and SVS mentioned above)?

Do I go 1 SVS PB12 and spend more money to do so?

Any good suggestions out there?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Acculine is rated at 25 Hz to 150 Hz and the SVS is rated at 19Hz to 270Hz. It's pretty difficult to match speakers with different output capabilities.

I've never setup something like that myself, but I'd imagine it would be hard to get them to blend seemlessly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shadowdane.

Perhaps the better question is whether or not the PB-1000 is a substantial step up from the A-Sub and would suffice alone. I'm just not sure what to expect jumping from the A-Sub to the PB-1000 to the PB12-NSD, having heard neither SVS. I'm not sure what to do with my A-Sub once it's demoted, or whether it could still play a role in the Home Theater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts